Read Time: 1 Minute
Another outstanding and oh-so-easy cocktail to make for guests or just yourself from the River Café cookbook. It works well with local seasonal raspberries and the ones that you can get any time of year in most supermarkets. It is not successful if you use frozen raspberries. We found that it tasted like a premade bar mix.
- 18oz fresh raspberries
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup caster or superfine sugar
- 1 cold bottle of Prosecco
- Crush raspberries and sugar in blender or mortar and pestle.
- Pass this through a fine sieve.
- Put in cocktail shaker or sieve
- Add prosecco slowly to avoid bubbling up
- Stir with a long spoon to dispense with foam
- Pour slowly into flutes
- Organic raspberries usually have more flavor, so use those if possible.
After owning one of the best cooking stores in the US for 47 years, Nancy Pollard writes a blog about food in all its aspects – recipes, film, books, travel, superior sources and food related issues.