Kat Tines Sugar Cookies
You can fiddle with the flour and the extract, but this is a foolproof and delicious cookie base for decorating.
- 8oz unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (76gr) Caster Sugar (I l ike India Tree)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract (paste will give you a richer flavor)
- 1 large egg
- 2 2/3 cup (302gr) pastry flour or the same weight in all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until mixture is silky in texture.
- Add egg and beat until fluffy.
- Fold in sifted flour mixture
- Divide dough into two balls and immediately roll them out between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Then refrigerate or freeze them until firm.
- Cut out the desired shapes and reroll remaining scraps, repeating the chilling process.
- Bake cookies in a preheated 350F ofen for approximately 10=15 minutes.
- Coool before decorating.
- Kat removed the baking powder from the original recipe as it made no real difference to the cookie itself. This cookie tastes really good and can have optional flavorings added to it.
Kitchen Detail https://lacuisineus.com/
After owning one of the best cooking stores in the US for 47 years, Nancy Pollard writes a blog about food in all its aspects – recipes, film, books, travel, superior sources and food related issues.