Betsy Cukla’s Sugar Cookies
We love this recipe because it allows for so many variations— ask for our Hammersong cutter instructions.
For 1 Batch(es) ()
- 1 cup(s) organic cane sugar
- 1 cup(s) unsalted butter, softened
- 2.5 cup(s) Hecker's All Purpose Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) milk
- 2 teaspoon(s) Bakewell Cream baking powder
Betsy Cukla’s Sugar Cookies Directions
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Sift flour with baking powder. You may need to add more.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Mix in egg and milk.
Add flour mixture until the dough is soft but not sticky.
Chill for at least an hour before rolling out on Silpat.
Bake 12–15 min. Makes approximately 48 cookies.
* Add 1/2 cup Valrhona cocoa powder or 1 cup finely chopped toasted coconut.
* Substitute 1 Tbsp orange juice concentrate for the milk and 4 Tbsp orange zest (or the equivalent in Boyajian Orange Oil).