Killer Cappuccino Brownies
These brownies truly are killer, and the cappuccino flavor is a nice twist on a classic favorite. ( adapted from Gourmet)
For 1 people ()
- 14 ounce(s) Cluizel Cafe Noir chocolate
- 1 cup(s) walnut pieces
- 1.25 cup(s) unsalted butter (or 6 oz)
- cup(s) India Tree superfine sugar
- 3 teaspoon(s) vanilla paste or extract
- 4 large eggs
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) Hecker's all-purpose flour
- 8 ounce(s) mascarpone cheese
- 1.5 cup(s) India Tree confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vann's Saigon cinnamon
- 0.5 cup(s) heavy cream
Killer Cappuccino Brownies Directions
Make brownie layer:
1) In a heavy gauge saucepan or in a bowl over simmering water melt together 8 oz Cluizel Cafe Noir chocolate and 3/4 or 6 oz. unsalted butter.
2) Remove from heat and stir until smooth, add 2 tsp vanilla paste or extract. Cool mixture until lukewarm.
3) In a mixer bowl beat 4 large eggs, 1 1/2 cups India Tree superfine sugar, and 2 tsp vanilla until creamy, then add the chocolate mixture and 1 cup walnut pieces.
4) Fold in 1/2 tsp salt and 1 cup Hecker's all-purpose flour.
5) Pour batter into pan and smooth top. Bake in middle of oven 20-25 minutes or until tester comes out dry. Put brownie layer in refrigerator or freezer so that it is completely cold before adding crema layer.
Make crema layer:
1) With electric mixer beat 8 oz. mascarpone cheese and 6 tbs unsalted butter until light and fluffy.
2) Add 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioner’s sugar and add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp Vann's Saigon cinnamon, beating until well combined.
3) Spread over chilled brownie mixture and cool again in refrigerator or freezer.
1) Slowly melt 6 oz.Cluizel Noir Cafe chocolate chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
2) Remove from heat, add 2 tbs. unsalted butter and 1/2 cup heavy cream, and stir until glaze is smooth. Cool to room temperature.
3) Spread over crema layer. Chill brownies again until layers are set.
*(Note: It’s best to cut these brownies while chilled, then serve at room temperature. They keep well for several days, covered, in refrigerator, and we have also frozen them with success.)