Pesto alla Genovese
Mr. Baudoni’s recipe
For 1 people ()
- 2 handful(s) tender basil leaves
- cloves of garlic
- 20 grams pine nuts (1 handful or 1-2 oz) the ones from Sicily are preferable to the ones from China
- 1 handful(s) grated Parmigiano
- 1 handful(s) grated Pecorino
- 1 dash(es) sea salt
- 1 dash(es) extra virgin olive oil
Pesto alla Genovese Directions
Put the basil, garlic, salt and pine nuts into a mortar.
Grind with pestle into a homogenous paste, adding a little Pecorino and Parmigiano as you grind.
Add the olive oil, mixing well. Just before serving, add a spoonful of hot water to the pesto.